Things to Bring to Your Appointment
- State Photo ID
- Insurance card or copy of motor vehicle insurance
- Work related injuries – the insurance information and any correspondence from the WCB
- Police Report (if applicable)
- Lawyer's name and telephone number (if applicable)
- Insurance adjuster's name and telephone number (if applicable)
We accept the following insurance:
- Major Medical – if there are out of network benefits
- No-fault (car accidents)
- NYS Workers' Compensation (work related accidents)
- Liens (slip and fall accidents)
NY Surgical & Anesthesia Policies
Patient instructions to follow prior to having a Surgical Procedure in our office.
If these instructions are not followed, your appointment will be cancelled.
- STOP aspirin or aspirin containing products 7 days prior to procedure.
- STOP anti-inflammatory medication 3 days prior to procedure.
- If you are taking Coumadin or Heparin, please call your prescribing doctor.
- DO NOT STOP your heart, blood pressure or lung medications. Bring your asthma inhalers with you.
- If in doubt of what your current medication may contain, call your pharmacist or our office.
- If you are diabetic or hypoglycaemic, your appointment should be scheduled before 1:00 PM.
- If you start getting symptoms of a cold, flu or are currently being treated for an infection, call our office immediately.
- You must fast 6 hours prior to procedure. Sips of water may be taken with medication.
- No alcoholic beverages the night before or day of the procedure.
- Please shower the morning of the procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Please wear underwear.
- DO NOT wear any jewelry.
Note: You MUST come with a companion – DO NOT drive yourself. If you are taking a cab, you still need to bring someone to accompany you after the procedure. (The cab driver is not considered a companion.)